Friday, May 15, 2015

We Wish You a Digital Christmas

...and so does our lovely sponsor, Deedee's Digis, who are giving ♥YOU♥ an early holiday present by placing a brand new, super-fun, super-festive kit called "Jingle All the Way" in the very cool freebies section of their shop for the duration of this challenge! Of course you can use ANY digital element to make your own hybrid holiday card, and be sure to link it up on the Hybrid Holiday post (right below this one) before next Wednesday night for a chance at a fabulous $15.00 shopping spree at Deedee's Digis!


Here's what we made this week:


Stephanie says, "One of the fun things about digital images is that you can manipulate and re-orient them.  I erased the white background and then horizontally rotated my image in PhotoShop, so I could have two Jingle Bells for my card ... I also used the scraps of my digital paper from my first card for my layout."

Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "My favorite trick with digital elements is to try them out on all different types of printing media. In this case I've layered the "Jingly" sentiment on top of the "Bells" paper in Photoshop, then printed the whole thing on an inkjet transparency. Apart from giving it a cool new look, I'm pretty sure this is the easiest way ever to make a shaker card! I did some machine stitching over the beautiful script of "Jingly" to make it stand out even more, and added a few flowers held with a jingle bell brad, before backing the edges of the panel with foam tape to hold the tiny heart confetti inside the shaker part of the card. 
Easy Peasy!"

No comments: