Friday, February 27, 2015

A Very Vibrant Christmas

This week we're bringing you an inspiration photo (found via Lushome) to get your creative juices flowing.  You might take your inspiration from the awesome colors ... the reindeer, oranments, fallen snow, or perhaps the stacked plates & flourishes on the placemats ... feel free to create using whatever inspires you.


Here is how we were inspired:


Stephanie says, "I knew I wanted to combine as many colors as possible together with a glittery reindeer ... and this is the result. For some dimension, I die cut the reindeer once from green glitter paper and three more times from thick white cardstock.  I layered them all together before adhering to my Lawn Fawn Bokeh background ... I finished with an SRM STicker, a flair button and some sequins & pearls (including a purple nose).  The layout is this week's Retro Sketch."


Lauren says, "I have to confess that when I saw the gorgeous inspiration photo, as much as I liked it, my first panicky thought was, "I don't have ANY Christmas papers in those colors!!!" Later on, a search of my stash revealed that, in fact, I *DON'T* have any Christmas papers in those colors! As it turned out, I didn't need them, since I had quite a few ordinary papers in those colors, which I used in conjunction with clipart to fussy-cut the bauble shapes. Then I added snowflake stickers and bling and some fun shiny silver atick-on pearl borders to act as hangers... and called it a day."


Link up you holiday cards inspired by any feature of that fabulous tablescape before 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, March 11th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:05.


7 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh, I love those colours of the inspiration photo, and you two did a great job translating the inspiration into cards. I actually think I may have some papers in those colours, but that's not what sprang to mind. I was thinking this might be a good idea to break out the glitters I bought at a bargain shop last year. I'm just hoping I can contain them to the cards instead of spreading them all through the house LOL.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marie Bingaman said...

Oh my what great colors! I love both of your cards ladies! :)

Electra said...

Great theme, thank you!!

Donna Ellis said...

How fun to inspire with a bright, cheerful, COLORFUL theme!

Lorraine said...

Once again you ladies nailed it. What a fun inspiration pic and a fun challenge.

Jennifer said...

Love your wonderful cards, Lauren and Stephanie, and also the fabulous challenge theme.

Hugs
Jennifer. x