Friday, January 18, 2013

Scandinavian Christmas

This week we're celebrating the Red, White & Jul ... and bringing you a picture of some Scandinavian Christmas Ornaments to inspire your designs ... maybe you'll be inspired by the colors, the shapes, the grouping of elements ... just go with whatever makes you excited to create.


Here's what we created:


Stephanie says, "When I saw the picture, I knew I wanted to use red felt Stampin' Up snowflakes I've had in my stash for some time.  I layered several with a white felt snowflake and vintage white button (tied with red & white twine).  I wanted my background to have the softness of the fabric in the inspiration photo ... so I embossed a piece of adhesive white felt and love the sweater-like effect.  I also loved that I was able to adhere a rub-on directly to the felt."

Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "i actually thought *I* had some red felt snowflakes, too, but i was wrong; all of mine were the traditional white, darn it! :) so i used one of those, and colored a plain chipboard flake with a red sharpie marker, instead. then i realized i DID own products which could duplicate many of the other elements i loved from the photo, so i loaded them up: gingham heart, vintage buttons, a little bit of metal, and finally a bit of  lace and some machine stitching to give the feeling of fabric, even though i've used paper for 99% of my card!"


And in case you don't have anything in your stash that you think will work, here's a link to some awesome Good Jul tags you can incorporate into your design.

So keep that holiday card production going in 2013 and show us your inspired creations.  Be sure to link-up between now & 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 30th ... keyword for galleries & our flickr group is JB13-2.



9 comments:

Marianne said...

Oooh, as much as I love the prompt and the inspiration photo, I love your cards even more: embossed felt and a gingham heart with snowflakes ... just fabulous!

Joyce said...

Oh--I am loving all that red and white. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Angeline Choo said...

Wow. Love your take on the colors! Lovely CAS card.. You are right. I should start making some holiday cards earlier. I unfortunately did not manage to make any last year. Need better management of my time I guess :)

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful box of inspiration for us - as well as your pretty samples! I had the perfect stamp set for this challenge!

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards! i love the felt and the gingham; both add so much depth.

~amy~ said...

Love the inspiration ladies...thank you!!!!

Kim M said...

I can't believe I did not know about you gals! I've seen it mentioned here and there but it just wasn't registering with me. This is right up my alley! Christmas cards are my favourite card to make. Can't wait to play along. :-)

Raquel said...

Gorgeous creations from the DT and all the participants!

Thanks Lauren for clearing up what "jul" meant! LOL!

Electra said...

Look at all the red and white yummyness! And I like your new look, Belles!