Thursday, January 27, 2011

pink & green & oh-so-festive

another fabulous week here on the JINGLE BELLES blog! we're so pleased to see so many cards from such amazing card-makers! thank you!

here are a few especially clever ideas that we thought interpreted this week's prompt, Pretty in Pink .... and Green particularly well!



used a fabulous fold to turn some bright pink paper into a
rockin' Christmas tree,
as well as stamping text on some polka dot background paper
to turn it into a holiday masterpiece


Lisa of Lisa's Little Bits
Lisa (as did many of you) declared her aversion to Pink,
but pushed forward anyway
using it as an opportunity to brush up on some awesome techniques
like stenciling (with ink & stickles) & flocking
to create this oh-so-festive design


Paige of She Who Must Stamp
tackled the challenging (to her) nature of the color combination
by using little bits of color to highlight
her wonderful, mainly white, design ... magical.

thank you very much to *EVERYONE* who played along ... if you've not done so yet we strongly encourage you to scroll down to the thumbnails in the last post and spend a bit of time seeing your fellow JINGLE BELLES in action!

then come on back at midnight when the NEW prompt goes live ... we have another extra special guest star you won't want to miss.

15 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, ladies, these are all absolutely awesome ways to rock pink and green into Christmas cards! Congrats to you all!

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow. You LIKE it. You really LIKE it. Thank you so much - I am honored and humbled to be in such good company.

Now QUITIT with the PINK already. :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

wonderful cards! i love that pink Christmas tree, it's fab!

Rose said...

awesome cards!!! love the folded paper tree :)

myself said...

I'm just so super excited (and thankful!) to have been featured at all. lol! It's not a card I would've made... I especially love the other two cards. You all are such talented crafters.

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to see Leslie's card up here, as I loved it! I'm very annoyed with myself though for missing the deadline, but I posted the card anyway.

~amy~ said...

wooooo hoooooo ladies!!!! excellent work!

Denise Bryant said...

Fabulous cards! I love the pink and green combo! Such great ideas... I'm off to check out the thumbnails for more!
DeniseB

June Houck said...

WAHOO, Leslie! I tldja that card was awesome...and not the least bit crooked ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't care if Leslie likes her card or not - it's perfect! (and, like June said, not the least bit crooked...) The ink-and-stickles stenciling is brilliant on Lisa's card, and I'm a sucker for mostly-white cards (especially with texture), and tiny images, so those little ornaments all lined up make me smile - thanks, Paige! Great cards, one and all! I still have to make mine...this weekend, I'm thinkin'!

Dawn said...

So PRETTY!! Congrats on the shout out ladies!! I love that 3-D card!

Jana said...

These are all so pretty. It's great fun seeing how different everyone's cards are every week.

Made by Mandy said...

Now I know Leslie wasn't all that keen on her card bit I thought it was lovely. She does have a bit of a problem with pink though... maybe we need more oink challenges just for her LOL (sorry Leslie, I luvs you honest xxx)

Nikki said...

Love that oragami tree one day I'll try to create one and the pinks are great for a challenge
hugs Nikki

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, that paperart Christmas tree is awesome---great job!